Garbage & Recycling
Join the City of Winter Garden and Publix in celebrating International Plastic Bag Free Day! Get a free REUSABLE bag at the Publix on W. Colonial Dr. on July 3 from 10 am to 3 pm. See you there!
There will be no trash, recycling, or yard waste collection services on the Independence Day holiday (Thursday, July 4). Services will resume on your next scheduled collection day.
We strive to provide Winter Garden residents with efficient, reliable, and courteous waste collection services. This includes curbside pick-up of the following items:
- Household trash (twice-a-week pick-up)
- Recycling (once-a-week pick-up)
- Yard waste and large items (once-a-week pick-up)
If you'd like to request a container or report a missed pick-up, please call 407-656-2256. Keep in mind that pick-up times may vary.
Our services are billed on your monthly City water bill. Please visit Utility Billing to start service or for information regarding your account.
Find Your Collection Days
- Place your container on the curb no later than 7 a.m. on collection day. Remove it no later than 7 p.m. the same day.
- Place your container with its handle facing your house. Make sure it is set away from your mailbox, trees, or any other object that may prevent the truck from accessing it.
- Dispose of household trash only in your container. Containers with items such as yard waste, liquids, and building materials will not be emptied.
- Garbage must be set out in containers provided by the City of Winter Garden.
- If you are physically unable to place your containers curbside, you may request door-side pick-up services. Please call 407-656-2256 for details.
- Bag grass clippings and leaves. Loose grass or leaves will not be picked up.
- Stack branches and tree limbs neatly next to the curb.
- Yard waste in excess of three cubic yards can be picked up by request at an additional charge.
- Items include furniture, mattresses, grills, carpeting, etc.
- These items are collected the same day as yard waste. There is no need to schedule pick-up of these items.
- The collection of electronics must be scheduled in advance. Please call 407-656-2256.
- Items include appliances, televisions, computers, vacuum cleaners, water heaters, etc.
- The City does not collect hazardous waste. Examples of these items include liquid paint, batteries, household cleaning products, pool chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, light bulbs, motor oil, cooking oil, and antifreeze.
- Hazardous waste items can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Orange County Landfill
5901 Young Pine Road
Orlando, FL 32829
Open daily, 8 am–5 pm
- McLeod Road Transfer Station
5000 L.B. McLeod Road
Orlando, FL 32811
Days and hours vary; call ahead
- Orange County Landfill
- What are my collection days?
- I need a trash can and/or recycling can. The one I have is damaged or I don’t have one at all. How can I get a new one?
- How can I dispose of a large item (furniture, mattresses, box springs, grills, carpeting, etc.)?
- How can I dispose of an electrical appliance (TVs, computers, dishwashers, microwaves, washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, etc.)?